WEEKLY WORSHIP SERVICES
Parking Lot Worship with Holy Communion
Saturday evenings at 7:00pm
Also live streamed on our Facebook page
We come...together in prayer, praise, and thanksgiving!
We come...together to celebrate Holy Communion!
We come...as a community desiring to know the love of God!
We come...to share his love with those who do not know him!
We come...just as we are!
COME JOIN US!
When God is involved, we are never the same!
1. Download the free GivePlus app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Find our church by ZIP Code 11779 or by searching for our Church name.
HOLY CROSS PARKING LOT WORSHIP
SATURDAY, AUGUST 15 - 7:00 PM OR
CATCH IT ON FACEBOOK LIVE STREAMING
Saturday, August 8, 2020
PARKING LOT WORSHIP SERVICE
Dear Church Family,
It has been so long since we have been together in our church sanctuary to worship our Savior and celebrate the Lord’s Supper. I miss you. However I have enjoyed seeing many of you at Parking Lot Worship. In our recent Covid Worship Task Force meeting we made some very difficult and significant decisions which will carry us through the weeks ahead. How long, we do not know, because everything is so fluid in our world today. As always we ask you to check Facebook, the Holy Cross website and your emails for updates and information.
• Church seats 260; we are allowed 50% = 130 including 3 staff, 7 assistants
(worship leaders, ushers, temperature takers, etc.)
• With a minimum of 6 feet for social distancing without singing we can seat
approximately 68 + 3 staff, 7 assistants.
• Masks will need to be worn inside and singing is discouraged indoors (CDC).
• If we have singing (survey was definitive people want singing) we need to space 8 to 12 feet apart. (CDC states without masks, 12 feet). Seating capacity drops to approximately 40 (we could set up a non-singing area)
• We need volunteers or pay a service to clean/wipe down the areas between services; bathrooms, sacristy and sanctuary. Items for cleaning are back ordered to mid July.
• Parking Lot Worship has 50 cars with an average of 2 persons/car = 100. However this experience is growing.
• If we go indoors what about those who are involved in Parking Lot Worship if they are not ready to come indoors?
• How do we return to receiving the gift of Holy Communion in the sanctuary or outside in the parking lot?
• When to hold worship in the parking lot based on the summer sun? The mornings are growing hotter. The Long Island evenings tend to cool off and the sun is not beating down.
• Most importantly, Parking Lot Worship has become an enthusiastic, joyful and comfortable way to worship in the summer while minimizing the risks.
COVID WORSHIP TASK FORCE DECISIONS (for now)
• We will hold Parking Lot Worship on Saturdays @ 7:00pm with Live Streaming. Should it rain, the worship team will live stream it from inside.
• We started offering Holy Communion on July 12th
. We will distribute Holy Communion directly to you in your car. If you are uncomfortable, you may decline. (We are asking you for patience as we fine tune distribution.)
• We started to mark off a section of the parking lot for those who are ready to sit outside their cars on July 12th
. You will need to bring your own lawn or beach chair: B.Y.O.C. We will mark the social distancing spots for you.
It will be YOUR choice to use the area or remain in your car.
• We will continue to use FM 88.10 for broadcasting in your car for those who want to keep their windows closed and their A/C on.
We pray that this brings you some idea of the myriad issues that we needed to take into consideration as we care for the physical and spiritual health of our church family. I also want you to know that I have always led in ministry with one
very significant axiom: Give God Your Best. I believe our Covid Worship Task Force is helping us to do just that.
Please come and worship with us. You will not be disappointed. The smiles are many. The joy is in the journey of faith. See you at the CROSS . . . HOLY CROSS.
Love in Christ,
Rev. Claudia D. Raggie, Pastor
HCLC Covid Worship Task Force
HCLC Covid Worship Task Force Members: Deacon Doris Ahrens, Minister of Music, Kenny Zagare, Church President Bob Lewis, Bookkeeper, Kathy Stuerzel, Media Tech, Mary Beth Heinicke, Sound Tech, Sue Taylor, Council Member, Bob Duran and Pastor Raggie
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.
I Chronicles 16:8-9
Red Wagon Food Pantry
Non-perishable food donations are always appreciated! Please drop off food items in the Red Wagon in the narthex.
Subscribe for Updates
We invite you to join our mailing list and receive emails we send out with news, or special service schedules.
Item of the Month
The Item of the Month is STAMPS!
Your donations will be very much appreciated! Thank you for helping to keep our ministry costs down. Donations can be left in our collection drawers to the left of the Narthex (Lobby) entrance. God bless!
AA Batteries are always welcome!